Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tuesday Oct 5

I must be boring you all out of your minds. No one cares about these boring days I have been having. I did buy the first of many law books today Learning Legal Studies, and I have the Law Society Orientation tomorrow, and I met my super awesome law tutor, and I finally put money in my UK bank account- but you don't want to hear about that. So let's talk about something else.

I read this article and I wish I could find one of these classes. Because half of you won't click that link- it's about this new exercise class called ballet core. Basically, it's a mix of ballet and pilates and is just meant to do all the wonderful things dance class does for you. After a boring day at the gym, this sounds like a wonderful idea. I miss working out without thinking about it.

I also watched another silly British show on the tele tonight. Okay it's called Wedding House and couples come in having only told the planner sort of what they want, and in a few hours they get married. Now the first one was this couple that wanted an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding, and all their guests were dressed up. It was insane. The second one didn't have a theme but it was a real shot-gun wedding. Oh and that groom almost refused to go down the isle because his suit wasn't blue. The third, an insane dalmatian lover who had every guest bring their dalmatian. She even did a speech about the dogs. The fourth and final one was the worst. Now you know I love Moulin Rouge, but that as a theme to your wedding? No way. This couple did it- complete with entering their wedding singing a song from the movie. Oh and they were terrible singers. The groom almost cried before having to sing- it was a real drama fest. Terrible. I hope when we get real cable there will be some better shows- or maybe this will cure my minor tv addiction.

Another thing that caught my eye while I was catching up on the news was this. After one heart-pounding sleepless night, due to a single drink containing Red Bull, this article doesn't seem too far off. When they say one serving daily- they mean it. So although I rarely resort to energy drinks, this gives me another reason to steer clear of them the next time I pull an all-nighter. (Psht not like I will be doing that...)

Speaking of school, I thought of a super-nerdy thing to do on my blog. When I bought the law text today, you got a law dictionary for just 5 pounds. So to make use of that and expand both yours and my legal understanding, I'm going to do a legal term of the day! Okay I may have lost like 4 of my 5 readers for that comment, but come on- it will be fun!

Word of the Day: Deposition
"In civil proceedings, a statement made on oath before a judge or an examiner of the court. The court may order an examiner of the court to take depositions from any witnesses who are (for example) ill or likely to be abroad at the time of the hearing. At the taking of the deposition the witness is examined and cross-examined as if he was giving evidence at trial; the evidence of the witness is recorded in full. A deposition may be given in evidence at a hearing or at trial. "
- Now don't you wish you were about to start a two year course full of this kind of wordy crap? I can't wait!

Well time to go,
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment