Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Things that caught my attention


(Carr this might have something to do with your potential masters thesis??)

And for all you gleeks, take a look at this. Apparently parents decided to care that the glee 'kids' got a scandalous GQ spread- except they are in their mid to late twenties and like the article says, this is nothing new. I mean there is a part of me that wonders why the lead in glee has suddenly shrunk- but I suppose fame does that to some... Regardless, I am strangely attached to this show and maybe even secretly wish I could have been a part of this in real life. I know it is cheesy and predictable, but they do such a good job and it really does make me laugh. I know I made fun of some of you originally for watching this (aka flan) but I take it all back. Oh and the new guy in glee club- should we love him? Can he compare to our Victoria boy who will likely be the namesake for chlo's first child? You tell me.

Okay for some reason TV has turned out to be the subject- so I can't not mention Mad Men. If you haven't followed this, it's time to rent/download the first four seasons. I just watched the season 4 finale- and I am not quite as awestruck as I was at the end of the third, but still. I don't know what draws me to this show so much. I don't long for the days of cigarette smoke swirling or chauvinist ideals- but there is a certain something about this show. You have a love/hate relationship with all the characters, you hate the way the episodes end, you sort of love the way they dress. And by 'you' I mean me- and obviously some of the other viewers that make this show so popular. Watch it. I suppose it is a bit like smoking...Tell me you hate it. or get hooked.

I know I should update you on school and life, but after a day filled with reading I needed something fun to do. So this is what you get. Tomorrow I will catch you up- and throughout the weekend because there will be no partying for moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment