Thursday, October 21, 2010

Shut your eyes


The brit's love potatoes. That is what I have determined today. Yes, it was a highly productive day. Except not at all. Because all my tutorials don't start until next week, I had most of my day open. With no class until 4pm, I had a plan.

My iphone international plan runs out today- so I need to get the damn thing unlocked. Why haven't I done this, you may ask. Well right before I left, I did an update and now they don't have software to break into this yet. Well they said mid-october they should be able to. It is past mid-october so I thought I had given it enough time. So off I go downtown. It was 11:30- and this lady tells me the guy I need won't be back until 2 but assures me it can be done. I had some running around to do, so I figured I could wait a few hours.

In the mean time, I browsed through top shop(which is having a massive sale I couldn't even get excited about today- what is wrong with me?), double checked with the phone company that once unlocked I can get the plan I want, and finally found some boots. Exciting I guess- but I guess I was just anxious to get the phone thing over with. In my last attempt to waste time, I decided to get lunch. This is where the potatoes come in.

I found this restaurant in the mall called 'spudulike'. It was packed. Essentially it is a restaurant centred around baked potatoes. You can pick toppings- things like chilli or even chicken tikka masala(because everything has a curry option) and they put it all on a baked potato. I got the 'simple' one- with cottage cheese and chives and it was actually delicious. All over the place they have signs going on about how healthy it is, and I was mildly surprised. According to them, potatoes are 'virtually fat free'(their words)- is this true? Weird, right?

Okay the conclusion to this adventure was that after filling myself with potato, I show up at 2:00 on the dot and the guy tells me, "sorry, hopefully the first week in November." You can probably imagine the drop of my jaw. So what a waste of a day. Well okay, not a waste but slightly disappointing.

Now I had other things to talk about, but I am sure you have had enough of me for today. Long day tomorrow- so time for bed.

xo
p.s I totally forgot the reason for the post title. I don't know why this song has caught my ear again, but I like.

1 comment:

  1. Hi beautiful! I am listening to the song ...mmm...and okay, firstly, this explains my fathers obsession with potatoes. Secondly, that place actually sounds amazing. I miss you.

    Katy "CMac loves potatoes and babies" Pettigrew

    ReplyDelete