Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Monday

I thought this was going to be a post all about how amazing and intense my first day of school was- Nope! So we woke up nice and early, got into our cute first day outfits, had a nice breakfast and strode off to what we thought was going to be this awe inspiring speech at 9:30am. Turns out, because we are new to the school, this is a welcome to the university type thing. So two guys talked about how great the university is- which is mostly unnecessary considering we have all decided to come here already- and it took all of 17 minutes once everyone piled into the theatre. So after that we fought through crowds of 17 year old 'freshers' all trying to get into the SUB to see all the super cool booth and crap like that, which you assume is really important when you first go to university. However, we were just trying to find the on-campus gym. Turns out there was a water leak and the gym won't be open for a little while. Fortunately, there's another bigger gym, except its about a 30-45 min walk away from the school. Oh and you can't go and workout until you go to a gym 'induction'- and they are all booked up until friday. So no gyming for the week. BUT there are classes that you can do without that silly step- so we are going to try out the yoga tonight, so I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.

After wasting an hour or so we got to register with the law school. Again, I was expecting some big thing. Nope. Just sign your name here, hand in this form, get an envelope with your info in it. They only give us a schedule for this week though- so I still don't know what my real schedule is which of course is gnawing at my psycho anal side. We did sign up for the law society though- which has an orientation thing on wednesday. And we signed up to meet our personal tutors tomorrow. One of the cool things they do here is assign everyone to a 'tutor'(mostly law profs/researchers etc) who helps make sure we do everything right and gives us someone to cry to for help. Mine is actually the lady whose name is splattered all over the senior status llb program thing- plus I think she deals with canadian students or something like that. Anyways, I recognized her name. Amy also has a lady - so no hot british law profs to drool over yet. So with those two things done- our day was over in terms of school. I feel a bit deflated. From what I can see thursday is the first time we have a class, and friday we have 4 lectures. That will be a nice long day. Hopefully then someone will give me a goddamn class schedule so I can pre-plan my life.

I do know my winter and spring breaks now, though, so save your pennies boys and girls- April is the month to come visit. or maybe its the month I should go do some travelling myself and meet you at various locations in Europe. But this may require me to get a job and/or save a bunch of money. Instead of spending it on a rainy day- I'll use it to get me out of these rainy days! Maybe I'll get a job at some pub- no that will end with me pouring beer on some assholes head I'm sure. Or maybe a cafe? That wouldn't be terrible. Guess I can figure that out once i've got my schedule...

Oh, on a completely different note I wanted to share with you my newest observation. Any v-neck wearing, cardigan loving, skinny jean obsessed male should relocate to England. You would fit in perfectly. That's all there is here- at least from what I have seen in my almost two weeks here. In a couple weeks we are going to possibly go to London for a concert and I will let you know if the same goes there. And even better- haven't seen a single bejewelled tshirt yet!

All this talk of clothes really makes me want to go shopping...but I have a 'Learning Legal Skills' book I suppose I should peruse through instead. The carefree days are over...

1 comment:

  1. bahah was that a Kate Carr reference with the beer pouring on the head? I miss you.xo

    ReplyDelete