Friday, September 17, 2010

Songs For Packing

Okay so having a brief while with no internet gave me the opportunity to make a list of songs that have been favorites as I have been getting ready to go. Some are perfect for some tear-jerking and some are ideal to dance around piles of clothing belting out the words. They are most definitely not all new songs- and there is no real theme to this list. But it sure is helping me figure out some plane playlists- 9 hours of airtime that I hope to spend sleeping might be difficult without some calming music. Speaking of planes- I got an email today saying my Visa was processed! So I will be leaving Tuesday instead of Monday but I am soo happy. Thank You Visa Gods (and for everyone that was wishing and hoping with me). So now I pack and get everything in order before I head off. So the list…

Beirut- Postcards from Italy

Florence &the Machine- “Cosmic Love” & “Dogs Day are Over”

Anything The XX- but especially “Shelter” and “VCR”

Snow Patrol- Just Say Yes

Jose Gonzalez- Heartbeats (The Knife Cover)

Freelance Whales- Generator ^ First Floor

The Temper Trap- Sweet Disposition

Metric- Twilight Galaxy

Thao- Know Better Learn Faster

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes- Home (but don’t listen to this too often or it’s know to cause excessive tears)

Sigur Ros- Hoppipolla

Tegan & Sara – Clever Meals

Chromeo- Night By Night

Kaskade ft. Dragonette – Fire in Your New Shoes

TV On The Radio – Wolf Like Me

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Maps

Maroon 5- Misery

Jack Johnson- Bubble Toes

David Vertesi- All Night, All Night, All Night

Kate Nash- Nicest Thing

Mike Snow- Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment