Monday, September 27, 2010

Delayed Again

Of course nothing ever goes according to planned when you move to a different country. It's monday and we thought we would move in today- but no. We were waiting for our fantastic guarantor to fax a form to the letting agency that has been very laidback about our move in date (we now know tomorrow should be the day!). Instead of lugging al our bags around and unpacking finally, we distracted ourselves with other important matters. First, we went to see what all the different phone companies had to offer for mobile plans and wireless internet. We actually went into all the places and talked to people at each one- how mature. They all boast that they have the iphone 4's- and pretty much none of them do(including the mac store). The iphone search was for miss Amy, but I was also trying to figure out how the heck to make it so I can use my iPhone here. I even considered buying a crap phone and giving up on my baby- but apparently if I wait a few weeks I can unlock mine and make it work here. I will let you know how that goes at a later date. Anyways, Amy got a lovely white blackberry. We also finally trudged into the bank to make sure our accounts were being processed- and after we waited a half hour to talk to someone we realized we didn't have the one thing we needed- the letter from the University. So we set everything up to open an account- minus the paper- so tomorrow that should be sorted. Plus, the most exciting thing we did today was sign up for internet, phone, and tv with Virgin. They had by far the best deal, but it will still be a couple weeks before we can iChat and show you our new home. Which I figure is good- enough time for us to make it look cute and homey. We will have the internet at school- so I will try to blog and tell you about our first days of classes (eek!) and other fun hold-ups on the big move. We most likely will go to London on Wednesday for the birthday girl's big day(I am really looking forward to that!) and spend the rest of the week getting nerdy things like school supplies. We may actually go into a building on the campus too (and probably figure out how to get our classes etc.) so everything is figured out for next week. I'm nervous. I also am still having a terrible time sleeping. I've tried everything. Apparently only gravol or alcohol has been able to get me off to bed. I have never had insomnia in my life- and I hate it. Any suggestions on sleep remedies- do let me know. I even resorted to downloading a flashlight app so I can read while amy peacefully sleeps next to me. I need to go to the gym. I need to get used to this time. I need to have a normal nights sleep. I was like a zombie woman this morning. Maybe tomorrow night, in my new bed, I will finally be okay. My pretty green bed with my super soft sheets... yes it should be good. Plus I can't wait to make my own food- i am actually sick of going out to eat. Oh wait! I almost forgot the most exciting thing we did today! We found the Leicester Market! We bought bananas for "50 P!" as they yelled very loudly into our ears as we passed. We have been craving fruit so now we have two huge bunches of bananas - for only 50 P!(thats's pence by the way- now I plan on calling everything 'P's' and 'Quid' because pounds are so last decade) Okay that's all for today. I need to go watch the new Glee I've been downloading now. P.S Watched grey's and I am hooked again so I will have to go on downloading sprees every week...good thing Amy loves all the same shows.
Wait wait one more thing. We went to this restaurant close to our hotel last night and it was like a real british pub type restaurant thing. Lots of meat and yorkshire puddings and sauces. We stuck to the menu instead but were surrounded by families drinking beer and laughing. Missing you all. Gotta go due to internet running out
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment