Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lazy Sunday

My day has consisted of sleeping in, watching terrible made for tv movies, cleaning our room to avoid feeling claustrophobic, sipping cappuccinos and ichating my parents finally. Sound like a hungover day? You're wrong. We did finally go out, but we really didn't drink a whole lot. But I have come up with a list of rules for going out in Leicester. Ready?

1) Don't ever wear pants to the bar.
Considering I don't usually 'do' casual, I found myself wearing jeans, a t-shirt and my new boots to a club. Now at home that would be acceptable. Here- no way. Everyone is decked out. Fancy dresses, plastered make-up and the highest heels they can get their hands on. So for the first time in my life I felt underdressed.

2) "I can't tell if they are all gay or just well dressed"
This may have been my favourite thing Amy has ever said. And it is completely true. Everywhere you look there are guys in dress shirts, sweater vests and great shoes. And you know that I love a good dress shirt- but it can get a bit confusing. Plus I can't tell what any of them are saying- so that doesn't help. In fact I may have been challenged to a dance off- but I'm not quite sure.

3) Don't go early
We got there at about 12:30 and that was considered kind of early. Things didn't really pick up until about 1:30- which makes sense if you consider that some of the clubs stay open until 6. I may be too old for this. Oh but speaking of old- they have just as many cougars here as they do in K-town. Amy was convinced one boy was making out with his mother.

4) Don't go sober
We thought we were just scoping out the scene so we wouldn't drink much. But once we got there we were far too sober for that environment. So, because Amy is my drinking soulmate, we asked for a couple tequila shots. We actually got a confused look for that. Do people not drink tequila shots here? That will have to change. Anyways we realized no realistic amount of tequila would make us feel remotely cool at this club, so we scratched the drinking plan and danced instead. There were three rooms - one with british pop(which we didn't know at all), one with 80's hits, and one that was mostly 90's. We thought we had found our place- but I'm not convinced. The 80's room was filled with the above mentioned cougars. The Brit room was mostly sweaty old men. The 90's was good for awhile- some Spice Girls etc.- but quickly got lame. (oh but dad they were playing Wayne's World on one of the screens!) So eventually we went to the 80's room and the music drastically switched to all the music that is playing on the radio at home. This turned out to be the best. Plus Amy had a big crush on a guy that I'm convinced had a bun on the top of his head....

Okay that's all I got for rules. And my internet may cut out soon. We hopefully can move in to our place tomorrow, which would be amazing BUT we won't have email (other then on my phone) for the next little while. Oh and I haven't received any emails yet from any of you, so get on it!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment