Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Limbo

I wish I was about to write a blog about doing the limbo in our new house – but that wouldn’t go along with the theme of this trip so far. We still can’t get the house. The lady we are dealing with is a bit dim- and realized there was another form we had to have our guarantor fill in. That would be fine if our guarantor wasn’t touring around Arizona at the moment. So another night in the hotel- or maybe even two! So no London yet, and we might have to drown our sorrows tomorrow night while celebrating Amy’s birthday. We ended up finalizing things with the bank and internet today. Then we went to explore the campus. We got all our registration done and got our lovely student cards. We even entered the law building to see where we will be spending the next two years of our lives. It’s the beautiful old building that’s been completely re-done inside. Most of the university is quite pretty and they are doing lots of construction to make things even better. The Student Union building is neat and has a big Starbucks. We Looked into gym passes and there are three places you can go with one pass- so we will likely get that soon. Then I happened to walk into a store and purchase a lovely rain coat- which turned the day around. Then we went to a movie to pass some time- The Town. I still have a crush on Ben Affleck and it had one of the girls from Vicky Christina Barcelona. It wasn’t bad- more of a bank robbing movie than a love story. Then we went out for dinner at this cute Italian place. I had amazing gnocchi – which reminded me of Agostino. Now we are at home- watching the stupidest show I’ve seen in awhile. It’s called street mate. This lady matches couples up and makes them go on awkward dates. Amy figures if they asked her to do this- she would. I’m not so sure. That was the outline of the day- what else went on? Well I realized that here the streetlights go from red to yellow then green-that’s odd. Found out that even though we register with the law school next Monday- we might not start classes until Wednesday or Thursday, I hope next year this will all be easier.
Well I’m typing this up in my room and I’ll end up posting it in the morning. My gravol is kicking in(still drug dependant) so I’m going to get rid of the computer. Send out all your positive thoughts and maybe we can get into the house soon.
Night xo

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your sub has a starbucks - damn hippies and their anti-corporation rule. love you miss blogger

    ReplyDelete