Monday, September 20, 2010

Before Take Off

So this is hardly being written minutes before take-off but this may be the last time I have time to write before I head off. Once I'm situated in the UK I will try to resume the blogging and I will have to expand the people I tell about this silly thing. So hmm what to say? Yes, I am nervous, but finally I am getting excited again. The serious stress of this move has hugely decreased and I have made room in my mind to look forward to the next part- the adventure! I'm sure two weeks into school my idea of this being an adventure will fade, but the first little while (searching for a house, figuring out where to go, when classes will be, where I can find the best groceries etc.) will be new and exciting (okay I will try to limit my use of that word from now on). My bags are nearly full and as much as I was dreading fitting my life into two bags, it was a bit easier then I had imagined. Obviously there will be lots of things to purchase on arrival - like shampoo, bedding, picture frames- but I will have what I really need with me.

So what about an update. Friday was the office golf tournament and it was a blast. 5 teams: rockstars, popstars, heroes, villains, and nerds. Everyone got really into it and it turned out to be a real hit. Saturday was a lovely dinner with my lovely friend and at my favourite restaurant in town. Good wine, good company, a great 'last' dinner. Tonight was time for family. There were 12 of us- so lots of food and more wine and a big game of charades. So tomorrow will be the last little bit of running around and sorting everything out. I thought I would have more to say tonight but I feel like we have gone through everything. I'm dreading the airport goodbyes and those minutes of longing to stay here, but I will be okay.

I should probably get some sleep now- so signing off until I'm there! xo cmac

No comments:

Post a Comment