Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Hunt

Well I feel like I have to rack up as many posts as I can before I leave- plus it's a perfect procrastination tool. I sit leaning against my mostly empty suitcase and try to catch any bit of wireless internet I can muster. It's pouring outside. I'm listening to Beirut (which I just finally rediscovered) and I feel like this is too good of a setting to not blog a bit. I should be packing- or sleeping- but this is more effective at calming my nerves. So what's new? Ooo I bought a fabulous new perfume yesterday. I felt I needed something a bit more mature than Pink Sugar, so I found Gina. Okay it's by Benefit, and it's actually called "My place or yours- Gina", but that part seems more slutty, less sophisticated. Regardless, I feel all grown up with a real perfume-y smelling perfume... But as I try to write this, I am having a conversation about how excited I am to say things like 'quid' and 'fit' and 'snogging'! So does having the right perfume really matter? I will still be this nerdy Canadian that giggles when people say quintessential British slang.

So I guess I should get to why I put this title on this post of the day. I feel like I have been doing a lot of hunting over the last few weeks/months- be it for 'flats to let' or where I need to go to get a bloody Visa(again- please please come soon). Anyways- I have a new hunt: for the perfect carry-on bag. Now realize fitting my life into two (very large) suitcases has been causing me serious anxiety. So much so that I have been avoiding it as much as possible. I even began looking into international banking and train schedules in order to seem as though I am productively steering clear of the beckoning bags. But now I have focused on the carry-on. It is smaller and therefore much more manageable to focus on. I went to The Bay when I was told of a perfect bag- but it didn't quite live up to my expectations (surprised?) and I couldn't find anything else in the mall. I think I will have to go into the dreaded closet to see if I have something old that will work to tote around the really important pieces I need in my possession on the plane- ipod, book, laptop, gum- and my prized possession- my neck pillow! (See- nerd.) Okay, no one really wants to hear about how nutso I am becoming. Moving to another country is not easy. That is all I've got for you tonight, otherwise I may start speaking french as I have been known to do in times of extreme sleep deprivation.

Au revoir mon cherie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment