Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Morning Music

Oh Sunday how I love/hate you. A day I wish I could curl up with a good book and tea and big wool socks and just laze the day away. But then school comes along and ruins this lovely day for me. Today, however, it was not the dread of work that got me out of bed- it was yoga. I popped out of bed, scurried around in our freezing house getting everything ready, but thankfully before running out the door I called my yoga partner- and she was still in bed. Dilemma: I'm all ready BUT I have 72 million things to do today that won't get completed if I go. I wish I said I went. But instead I grabbed my mac and wrapped up in a blanket and here we are.
So before I get to those 71 million other things, I thought I'd take a few minutes to give you a nice little post. It's all for you- not for procrastination purposes at all...

Something that is key on Sundays is music (um okay I'm pretty sure this is true of every other day of the week as well, but I'm trying to make a point here!). Sunday music isn't like the other days' music- it's gotta slowww down and mellow out.

Here are just a few songs I've accumulated for this particular purpose:
(p.s whoever can tell me how to put some kind of music player on my blog wins a prize)

Jose Gonzalez- Heartbeats (cover) {I know I have put this on here before, but it's such a Sunday Fav}

The Album Leaf- Eastern Glow {I've loved this since the OC times...}

Jesse Cook- Fall at Your Feet {because it reminds me of my favourite concert(s) of all time}

Maroon 5- Sunday Morning {because I have a serious weakness for them}

Patrick Watson- The Great Escape {so beautiful}

Iron & Wine- The Trapeze Swinger {pretty much anything by them works on Sunday}

Carla Bruni- quelqu'un m'a dit {the soundtrack to my french daydreams}

Florence and the Machine- Between Two Lungs {can't have a list of songs without her}

The Cinematic Orchestra(ft. Patrick Watson)- To Build A Home {can this be my future wedding song?}

Mark Farina- Dream Machine {thanks for this carrface}

Metric- Help I'm Alive {pretty much anything from this cd}

Bon Iver- Team {a nice end to this list..and any playlist}

Okay now that I hopefully have placated you enough, I am off to do thousands of readings, grocery shopping and sunday dinner cookin!
xo cmac

No comments:

Post a Comment