Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love Day.


Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you are all feeling loved today. It doesn't have to be with that special someone, anyone will do. Today was a day to dress in pink, wear my heart-shaped earrings, and buy cookies with silly sayings. 


(I'd love to get some of these! For now they'll have to be a present to myself. 
Which I am totally fine with)
I hope you all had some goodies and rolled your eyes at least once at silly little couples being overly obsessed with this day. But I'm not knocking it- I have to admit I adore this day. That's why I refused to go to the library tonight. Instead we had the girls over to study- while eating pie and drinking mimosas. Not bad hey? Girls night is better than wallowing, listening to love songs and missing home. 



But tomorrow is just another Tuesday- and with all these tutorials it will be seriously lacking in tequila and full of sweaty yoga instead. How glamourous. 


So I hope you have done something for YOU today. People always say that you have to learn to love yourself- and what better day to strive to do that than today. Even if you have someone else you are focusing all that lovely attention on. 


A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. 
-Thomas Carlyle 



I can live without money, but I cannot live without love. 
-Judy Garland  


Your Looks are laughable, unphotographable, yet you're my favorite work of art. 
-Frank Sinatra 




Unrelated. Read this. Wish I was more like this. 
"I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I cannot transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls." ~ Anaïs Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment