Sunday, February 20, 2011

Busy Brain.

It has been one of those nights where my brain is on over-drive- but not on the things it should be filled with like Criminal Justice and Contract. I came home from the library because my ipod died and my head hurt from reading the same thing over and over and over... then we got groceries, had dinner and then I did this new thing I do. Procrastinate. No wait- that isn't new at all. But I was reading all my fav blogs and I was being all inspired and I couldn't contain myself any longer when I found a project I had all the necessary 'equipment' to actually do, so I did it. (That was such a run-on- but it was really how I was thinking it). I even took pictures for you. But since I am in bed you will have to hold off on the images and use your little imaginations.

I had string, and nails and ...clothes hanger pins? Clothes pins! So I hammered away, tied the string to the nails, used the pins to hold some postcards/pictures/a pretty pink envelope in place and voila! My room finally had some character. Since October I have been trying to make this room mine- and with lack of funds/time/energy I had made excuses over and over again, when all along these little devices sat in drawers in my kitchen. So it started there. and then I decided I would try out this little idea I had for my pretty shopping bags... and then the curtains.

You may have seen the pictures of the totally 60's various-shades-of-green curtains that I was unaware of when purchasing my silky green duvet cover. Had I known I would have picked something white, accented with green and be done with it. But no. But a few nights ago as I was drifting to sleep a wonderful idea came to mind- the excess sheets/pillowcases that came with the silky duvet. Perfect. So after craftily hanging one of said pillowcases over my hideous/unusable fireplace(in a slightly tacky way but it will work) and re-arrangign my pretty shoes, I grabbed the useless fitted green silk sheet. On my tippy toes and atop my bed I attached the corners to the top of the (equally hideous) curtain rod, bunched it up in the middle and tied it with a bow. You know what? It all clashes very obviously but it sort of brings the room together in a weird/delusional way. I will put up pictures in the morning. Oh and I also gave up my plans of beautiful glass knobs for my jewellery to hang from- and instead hammered in a couple more nails. but it works.

My wish list now is narrowed down to:
-white fairy lights to hang above my shelves/mirror/makeup area
-ribbon and glue to fix up my ugly bedside lamp
-a shelf to nail into the wall for my books! NOT school books, only pretty books and knick-knack things
-a frame for the print chloflan made for me
-oh and tape/sticky tac so I can start a mini collage of pretty things I like in magazines on a blank spot of wall next to my clothes.

Reasonable? Yes. When I will let myself get distracted by my room again? Hopefully not too soon. Because the hour I allowed myself turned into another hour of perusing through more blogs, dreaming about France even more, and London with ma mere et mon pere in just a few weeks, and then more ideas and then before I knew it, I was under the covers ready for bed. So I didn't finish all the work I wanted to. So it means no long posts about music tomorrow. Or early morning yoga. Bad girl. But I don't feel quite so bad about it now that I have shared it with you.

So watch this cute girl sing a song I like better coming from her than Gaga (don't worry, I am not hating on Gaga, I just feel like when I hear the real version and can't help singing the words to 'Express Yourself' by Madonna- understand what I am saying?)
P.S this is courtesy of Geronimo's fb, I did not find it myself.



xo cmac

No comments:

Post a Comment