Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Post-Birthday Post

(Courtesy of Chlo.p.flan)




So I'm finally 23. I feel like I have been waiting to be 23 forever. Like this is the age when things happen. I don't know what that means- but I guess it means I'm optimistic about this next year. I mean there are some serious difference in what's going on now then what my 12 year old self thought would be reality by 23- but 12 year old me had no imagination! I don't know if this whole law thing was never on my mind back then- or if it was just such an obvious answer for what I should be doing. And I love it. Even when I don't love it- I do love it. This is what I am supposed to be learning- and doing. And I feel like just blaring this song and dancing around because maybe it took some crazy birthday to make me realize. That's all the self-realisation you are getting for now.

This little gem of music, like I mentioned above, was suggested by one of my favourite music lovers- and I don't know why I'm hooked- but I am. How happy is this song? Even if you HATE it, you know I'm right. It makes me think of dancing just to dance. (p.s the video is weird, so I won't be offended if you don't watch, but listening won't hurt) It reminds me of laughing until you almost pee your pants, or driving on a sunny day, or dancing in your room. or that time in Ucuelet when we danced all night. Not caring.
If you do like the song, check out the site. It's one of the guys from Singur Ros- who you should listen to, too. Thanks flan, you always find the best music.

Okay so what did I do for my birthday, you may ask? Something completely unplanned. How un-me, right? What happened to months of planning for birthdays and enforcing strict dress codes and always being disappointed by something lame. Okay, let's not pretend I've changed- but I was happily surprised. After class a couple friends steered me over to the campus bar- where we ended up spending 6 hours. drinking. It was hilarious. The only reason we left was because I had to meet people for dinner. Oh and I didn't have a single glass of champagne- ah well that will happen this weekend. I drank strongbow and tequila shots.. on an empty stomach. Thankfully even my stomach didn't disappoint me. I'm never making plans again. Okay that's a fat lie. But I need to remember to stop trying to control everything.

But okay fine one thing did piss me off- H&M decided they didn't need to bring Lanvin to Leicester- so screw them. They totally lost money because of me- do they know how many dresses I was debating over? Not to mention shoes.. and sunglasses.. and other fabulous accessories. I will have to find a way to make up for it...

I need some wish lists from all of you! I need to start Christmas shopping now- because the closer I get to hoping on that plane- the more crazy school will get. So give me some ideas pretty please.

We have our first visitors this weekend- and we are getting quite excited! Tomorrow we are having American thanksgiving- since Amy's friend from NC is coming(and cooking while we are in class- sweet deal) and friday we will make up for the early night last night. There will be champagne.

But now I need to do a little school work to make up for my lazy morning.

Oh and dad I keep forgetting to tell you something. Remember how you made sure I memorized two quotes for every history paper I ever wrote (even though we've established one is no longer considered 'true')- well I can't count the number of times in the last 3 months people have established that "absolute power corrupts absolutely" - thought you should know.

And Colt- I hope you got your birthday card.

Okay- done.
Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment