Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I've been neglecting you!

I feel like a real Brit now. I was a bit drunk by 5pm. It wasn't my fault. It was the law fair today, so all these law firms come and talk to people in their final year and try to say how great they are. And I volunteered and got to get all dressed up and ended up spending the whole time serving coffee and tea. I am never going to be a waitress/barrista. But after they have a wine reception. Since I spent my whole day there, and everyone else was flaky and I cleaned the whole place up too, they told me to come over and drink wine with them. The law firms were all gone, but the wine was not. So I met a group of canadian's in second year and they kept making me drink excessively. Sidenote: we were also drinking in the law library. That is a room that screams harry potter. So yes this was my day today. British. (but don't worry I only have one lecture tomorrow so it wasn't too irresponsible...)

I won't drag on about the weather- but yesterday was terrible. It was freezing and pouring continuously. It was by far the worst day here so far. It was even colder saturday night when I was trying to watch fireworks/see a massive bonfire. But the fireworks were worse than peachland's and the bonfire was too far away to warm anyone up. Our toes were frozen and after lots of cotton candy and indian food our tummies hurt.

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with the blogs- but it is better this way perhaps. I have more things to say and you get to miss me just a little. Skating in Nottingham was lovely and I made friends with the leaders of the Canadian Law Society- just a week too late, because elections are over. The restaurant we went to was very cool too! I think I will have to head back there for a day because it's a short train away and lovely.

Well I am going to sign off now, but maybe tomorrow I will have some time to write something a little more interesting!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment