Thursday, November 11, 2010

happy things

On this rainy day, after a test I am not happy about and an interview I am unsure of, I decided I want to write about a few things that make me giggle.


I saw a grown man today in a floor-length cape. Warm? Yes. Odd? Yes.

My Spanish Professor, Pablo saying, “In particular.” Say it with a Spanish accent- laugh. He says it 20+ times per lecture. I have him for two hours this afternoon.

Everyone’s faux fur hats. Did I accidently stumble upon Russia? (But I secretly want one)

How instead of saying ‘how’s it going’ they say ‘Ya alright then?’ And I want to say yes- but I don’t think you are meant to. I much prefer the Aussi ‘How ya keepin?’ I have decided.

That Canada is going to have its own Jersey Shore- called Lake Shore(out in Ontario). This is more of a ‘laugh and roll your eyes’ point. Didn’t we already do something like this in Whistler and have everyone thinking we were a bunch of drunken idiots who snowboard? Let’s stop making reality tv shows- let the trend be over.

That I just checked my email- and found out the first test I did I got 100% on. I guess that sort of makes up for the fact that this week’s test mark won’t be so good.

That there are 12 more sleeps until my birthday. Just because my age may increase, doesn’t mean I am going to stop the countdown- come on now. (5.5 weeks until I'm home for Christmas- in case you were wondering)

That in a couple weeks carrface might be visiting me. Retail therapy in London? Yes please.

This song:



But since today is Remembrance Day at home, I guess I should say something about that. Firstly, you UVic brats that are on reading break- you suck. Do they even do stat holidays here? I'll let you know if I stumble upon one. Always, back to my point. I know this is cliche, but we are probably somehow related so I am going to do it. Read it. It's famous for a reason.
In Flanders Fields
xo.
By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918),Canadian Army

IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow

Between the crosses row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.



We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.



Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.




xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment