Wednesday, May 25, 2011

yearning for some DIY time

I can't help it. My brain has been trying so hard to be logical and studious for the last ...god I don't know..foreverrrr (only three more weeks of this damn exam period). So I have been finding myself longing to do something artsy and creative. I have big plans for the summer. I have found so many things I want to do/make/dream about. Whether any of it is realistic is a different story. 

Oh p.s look at the bottom of the screen- press play! a song! Hooray! Now I don't know how to make whole playlists for it yet- but I'm working on it. But back to my various dreams:



Since a good friend of mine put an old chest in her room, I have been set on finding a similar one to house all the various silly things I own/collect/hoard. But now I have a new obsession- vintage suitcases. 
I nearly bought a pale yellow one from a vintage store a couple months ago. 
Now I am kicking myself looking at Emily's great idea. 


Bedroom makeovers have also been on my brain. The above feels like something I would love to somehow incorporate into my leopard-mania of a room. I also love the bookshelf in the background on the right. I have decided (oh hey parents I hope this is cool) to organize the mass collection of books in our house. Naturally my room becomes a graveyard for anything and everything when I'm off at school. Which I only add to because I am what you may classify as a 'pack rat'- i.e. I keep everything. Pictures of high school boyfriends, birthday cards from everyone, and essentially all my notes from my undergrad. So basically what starts off as a disaster when I arrive only gets worse with my presence. 
BUT
I have vowed to myself to change that this year. I figure the jet-lag will get to me for the first few days I'm home- which will be used for removing anything I can. Then I will get to organizing. I have clothes that I am sure won't even fit my little cousin anymore. Okay there I go rambling.
The plan: organize my room.
Then: tackle the expanding 'library' of books that my family insists in keeping piled in my room. 
So since every blog I read talks about cool ways to organize bookshelves, I have many ideas. All of which actually will require me obtaining a shelf-like piece of furniture. But I will make this one work. 


This bedroom makes me want to dive right in. I kind of want to switch up my chocolate brown sheets I have here in the UK to cozy white ones. And I want that mirror. Okay pretty much I love the whole look. Comfortable but clean simple lines. 


Cupcakes and Cashmere again. Her clothing/shoes/hair/life make me eternally jealous. 
But just look at these damn shoes. They are from Zara. I want. Maybe in Spain??


Please please find me a way to have one of these. preferably by the pool. with white pillows. 
I might not leave. 

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I WILL make this project happen. Garage sales/vintage shops/VV better watch out- I am on the hunt. 
i just can't decide if I want to do the multi-coloured ones or just black...


I have also been perusing the DIY section of Honestly WTF and they are amazing. Wait have I told you that already- 700 times? Well I have plans to try at least 5 of these. Oh and my most exciting idea of all was sparked by The Man Repeller (have I talked about how I want to be her best friend yet? no- well I do) - her post. I actually went and purchased string today. It may not be my most ambitious project- but I am sooo making friendship bracelets. Oh when you ask? Well as I am memorizing 300 cases, I plan to knot string together into beautiful creations. Don't lie- you want one. Maybe if you become a follower of my blog, make a comment about why I am such a fab friend...I will consider it. But don't think this is some sort of giveaway. Who do you think I am?? Although I have contemplated the idea of spelling out case names in the design- I could sell those babies to all the first year kids and make big money. Too ambitious?

Okay so here's the deal. I have some grandiose plans for my summer. Projects. Eat like a fake vegetarian 6/7 days a week. Do hot yoga 3-4 times a week. Read a gazillion books. Go against my sun-repellant skin and get a golden tan. Is it all going to happen? I guess you will have to stick around and see. But the reading will most definitely occur. In fact, I had a great 'study break' tonight with saad and geronimo to talk about the various books we recommend for each other. Thanks to them, I have a summer reading list started:
*The Alchemist
*Gone with the Wind
*Emma
*Jane Eyre
*Blindness
*White Tiger
*One Hundred Years of Solitude
*Re-read Catcher in the Rye
*finally finish To Kill a Mockingbird (bad law student.)
...plus I have mentioned before that I want to focus on some classics this summer. Have any suggestions??

Okay lovelies, it was bedtime hours ago. And I have somehow been tricked into joining the P90x bandwagon. I no longer love Tony after waking up this morning to a stiff neck and a throbbing headache. But tomorrow I will give him another chance. Except due to the ticking study clock it will have to be early. Yuck.
One exam down, four to go.
Oh and did I tell you I won social secretary for the Canadian Law Society? Cuz I did.
And three weeks until I am homeeeee.
xo cmac

(Pictures from here, here and various others- sorry I've been slacking on keeping track)

No comments:

Post a Comment