Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seven Song Sunday

A little alliteration on this cloudy Sunday morning. I woke up at 7am for no particular reason and couldn't get back to sleep. So after watching more Damages, and ordering 23 blue shirts from American Apparel, I went on a little music downloading spree. Which is the usual reaction when avoiding something i.e cleaning the house. Mom and Dad are finally home tomorrow and boy am I ready. But the house needs to be cleaner, the laundry has to be done, and groceries are necessary. So good thing it's not a boat day (yesterday was!). Okay so now for some music.

1) I got the new City and Colour album. I tend to flip flop on how I feel about Dallas Green- sometimes too whiny but sometimes so good. So after Connor told me he likes it- I decided to give it a try. This was his suggestion- and I think I like it. Not so dark? Well the sound- not so much the words. Fun fact: apparently it's about his wife (Leah Millar- as in the host of SYTYCD Canada)- because she has night terrors.



2) I was looking on lastfm and they suggested Kings of Convenience. They were right. I just wanna sit in a hammock and listen to this. I love "24-25" but "Mrs. Cold" is also so lovely.



3) Mumford and Sons have been a group I've known about for a couple years- but always just listened to them on the radio. What a bad fan right? But no when I was still in Victoria, it probably played Little Lion Man like 72 times a day, and since I spent some time in my little red [I wish I could say corvette] car, I never felt like I was missing out. And then when I moved to the UK I guess I kinda forgot to keep my eye of them. I knew they were popular- especially there- but come on I was bussyyyy. Now being back in the office with XM radio- where they play the same 20 songs on repeat all day- this song always caught my ear. So I finally added them to my itunes. That was a long-winded story. Listen. please.



4) This is a two-part song selection. I feel like I'm so out of the loop on celebrity gossip- like years behind. I think I have talked about my love for Zoeey Deschanel before, but I was kinda surprised when I read that she's firstly, married, secondly, to Ben Gibbard aka lead singer of Death Cab/Postal Service. How did I not know this? Well they are. And I mean they should probably do what all the other cute musician-y couples do and sing a song together. So the first song is She &Him- which I know isn't new (i'm not living under a rock here) but I like. The second song is from the NEW Death Cab for Cutie album. It feels weird to listen to them after so long- I associate them with grade 11/12 but especially first year driving to uni everyday with the Transatlanticism cd playing. But I have to give this one a try.





5) I have told you how I love Jose Gonzales before- because his cover of heartbeats is a favourite of mine. But today I realized I NEED to hear more. I think heartbeats still steals the show, but the whole album is just wonderful to listen to and say- wash dishes? bake some muffins? do laundry to?



6) This one I owe to my little visitor to Lesta back in June. Beach House was playing on his ipod and I promptly wrote it down- and forgot about it until today. I still don't know which song it was that sparked my interest, but I think this band will grow on me.



7) Bon Iver. If you don't already associate that with amazing music, we may need to re-think our friendship. Well they finally gave me a new album, and while I haven't had time to ooh and ahh over each one yet, I did find this one awhile back and you know, being a proud Canadian, have a listen to 'Calgary'. P.S the girl in the video was on ANTM years ago.



*Bonus: Okay I know I said 7, but this last one has me frustrated. I can't seem to download it- but I heard it on hypemachine and I want. So for now, I will have to be satisfied with youtube. Their song 'I sing I swim" is also popular (and was on Grey's).



So go my lovelies and see if you can love these. I hope you are having a relaxing day, where ever you may be.
xo cmac

No comments:

Post a Comment