Monday, January 31, 2011

Maltesers.

Oh wow. I don't know quite where to begin and of course it is getting late- but I feel I owe you an explanation of my amazing adventure this weekend. I figure I'll use some pictures to guide me through this whirlwind trip to Malta. 


The First Glimpse


The Players: 


Kristine aka "Geronimo" 


"Naughty" Natalie 

Christine "Oh Ya"


Michael "Mickey"


...and rainbow bright/tacky tourist/hadn't slept in more than 24hrs.

Upon arriving we were met with sunshine and blue skies. After getting organized we walked through our area and then hopped on the bus to Valletta- the capital city. 




(I took many many pictures of the great doors on this island- this one just happens to be the entrance to one of Dad's favourite stores)


St. John's Cathedral- which we couldn't get in to unfortunately- but it gave us some great photo-ops!




Our personal tour guide


This was in an amazing garden overlooking the city. These two gentlemen looked so at home in this wonderful place, I had to capture it.  


As the sun was setting and our tummies were grumbling, we snapped some last shots of the city. These pictures turned out quite well but still don't do this scene justice. 


Day two started off with a few more bus rides to the south of Malta, where we hoped to grab a boat and go explore the Blue Grotto. 


While we waited for the bus- we flossed! After quick pies and pastries from little stalls we were all in need of a little oral hygiene check. Thankfully I always carry my floss picks! 
(Yes I was made fun of for this)

 The grotto is a site you have to see in Malta- but that day the wind was a little too strong for their little boats and again we were denied our sight seeing fix. Instead we lazed on warm rocks, soaked up some vitamin d and took in the views of the ocean. 




Lunch was in another city- Silema. This area (known for its shopping) is where our credit cards got the best workout :) As a break between sales, we sat at this great cafe, drank maltese wine and ate delicious pizzas. We happily got a little pink from the sun as we people-watched and tried to creepily take pictures of the wonderful looking people in this town. 


There was always time for photo shoots. 


Successful shopping trip? I think we did well! The dress below was the only thing I paid full price for- and I think it was totally worth it. Try not to judge it by the messy 80's ponytail or the boots that do not match(which were only 15 euros!!)- because with the right shoes and maybe a bit more of a tan, I doubt I will ever give up this Zara dress. 


Okay my dears, I have to get away from this and get some sleep. The gym is calling my name everyday at 8am until the lawball, and with all the catching up on emails, blogs and fb I have deprived myself of a full nights sleep. This week I plan on upgrading my room and I will try and take a few photos of my other purchases as well.

Have a wonderful day!
xo cmac

1 comment:

  1. you made your famous "I'm courtney and I'm traveling" pose. much love.

    ReplyDelete