Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Did you miss me?

Well bonjour my lovelies!

I am terribly sorry for leaving you without a post for soooo long. It has been a crazy end to the year. I won't bore you with all the details (especially because I have had the pleasure of telling most of you the story in person) but it included drinking wine on the floor of Heathrow- and subsequently sleeping there, getting terribly sick and having four more days in London before I could get out of the country. Followed by four flights, which included going through customs three times, sitting at the very back of the plane where the chairs don't quite go back far enough and babies screaming and lots of turbulence. But I made it home, and since then it has been a whirlwind of things. Faux christmas with the girls, real christmas with the whole family, unsuccessful boxing day shopping, lunches and dinners with everyone, then a quick trip to Victoria. So these are my very good excuses for slacking on the blogs.

But what I wanted to tell you about was my night last night. It wasn't life changing or crazy, but it was just a fun night that I hope I don't forget for awhile. It was the first time since september that my family went for dinner, all six of us. We did dinner, had sake, yummy food and even dessert. Then we piled back into the Tahoe, blared music and sang at the top of our lungs, and then all 6 of us went grocery shopping. So imagine a very empty grocery store at 9pm on a Tuesday- and then imagine pairs of us taking over. Three carts full of food. What did we learn? Look for deals because groceries are expensive. Check best before dates. It only takes 20 minutes to fill three carts when we are all there. Oh and don't be offended by the looks the check-out girl gives you. It was a very funny night.



I promise to blog more now, especially because I will be avoiding studying...
xo cmac

1 comment:

  1. That's ok. Don't be too sorry. Nobody reads this stuff anyway.

    ReplyDelete