Thursday, January 13, 2011

I may have the worst immune system. ever.

So after the ridiculous cold I had on my way here, I made two assumptions: 1) no more flight delays for the rest of the year and 2) no more colds. Now I won't be able to determine the truth of the first statement until next week, but already the second is failing. I woke up yesterday morning with a stuffy nose. I was feeling fine before, but the entire office is sick with one thing or another and apparently my eagerness to work (aka avoid studying) 'bit me in the ass' as they say.. okay that may be one of the dumbest sayings of all. But regardless, I spent yesterday morning in a foggy haze, despite the Coldfx, and eventually I was forced to turn to Advil C&S. Once that kicked in I went on a journey through the snowbanks to get my hair done. No seriously- I don't remember the last time we had this much snow. Maybe this has something to do with me avoiding winters here for the most part, but if I was 7 I would soo be outside in this. Okay sorry I got sidetracked. Hair. It is back to it's shiny brown self and not quite so crazy long, oh and the bangs are back. Then the rest of my day involved sleeping on the couch due to my lack of energy and getting my mom hooked on Glee. It was a success. I'm not sure why I felt the need to tell you about quite possibly the most boring day of my break so far, but that is what you get when cold medicine is involved.

What else is new and exciting? Not a whole lot. I neeeeed some new music and my usual sources of music are letting me down. I may venture up to Big White again this weekend if everything turns out well, but that is based on some very uncertain circumstances. I only have 5 more sleeps in my bed before I return to the UK. I don't want to leave, but I do miss everyone there... but exams are going to be about the worst welcome home present. But then the Malta trip may actually happen, which would make me cheer up considerably.

Okay, I'm babbling. Let's wrap this up for today, shall we?
Hope your start to 2011 has been successful so far. May your immune systems stay strong.
xoxo cmac

P.S This is for you, flan. (but maybe don't tell your mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment