Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mish Mash

Hello hello,

I know I've been terrible lately. But how about a big mashup of things that have happened? Okay cool.

On a whim I went for a little road trip to Cali. Here are some pictures (more to come I hope- but sadly there weren't many) I helped Sami get down there - to live- and now to be a part of a wicked crew GRV. So proud!


Lots of driving. 


Night out in Portland. 
Dixie. What a place. 



these dancers on the bar- scary. 



Stopped at Wildlife Safari.










Californiaaaa


San Fran- touristy shots after motel hell. 





Bubba Gumps. 



 And around sanfran I stopped pulling out my camera sadly. But the next few days were spent staying with the family sam nannies for- playing lazer tag, shopping, getting pedicures..


Next on the list of activities: Popsicles. Remember when I told you I was gonna make em? I did! But I forgot to put up the pictures- so here they are...

1. Cut watermelon in two :)


2. Chop the red juicy part up into small cubes. Throw into blender with a little sugar. Strain to get rid of seeds. 



3. make silly faces. 


4. Carefully cut out the light green part from the shell. Blend separately with a little sugar and lime juice.


(to make it look extra 'green' I added a little food colouring!)


5. Put your mixes into containers with a spout for easy pouring. 
* pour the red part- let freeze for at least an hour- then add the green. On the left you can see I got a little excited with the green part...

Food colouring always ends up all over my hands. 

Finished product
{note: these were the last two! Everyone scooped them up}



What else? I am currently in Victoria! After a night spent in Vancouver with the fambam for some serious shopping, we all headed over to here to get Con all set up at UVic! I'm so proud of him (obviously) and so excited for him...but also a little sad to see him so grown up and independent. But I know he will have a fantastic year! I stayed here longer to spend time with him and flan, and will head back to vancouver for the weekend with carr- then monday: M5!!!! I can hardly wait to see my adam. yes he is mine.

I have been taking lots of pictures lately- but all on my iphone. I am newly addicted to Instagram- get it. Add me: cmacrae. It's nice to use my iphone camera for something- and get to see everyone else's little creations. Perhaps I will upload some of them on here if I feel like I need to share.

Hope that holds you over until another urge to blog comes about. I promise to be better once I'm actually away again- but lately I have either been with most of you or talked to you, so not much updating is necessary. right?

xo cmac

No comments:

Post a Comment