Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mental Health Day?

When we were younger, all my friends' parents let them take 'mental health days' whenever they felt the need to stay home- whatever the real reason. If I recall correctly, Flan took them every Monday in grade 12. My parents were not slave drivers, but 'mental health days' aren't really a thing of the mac family. I was a little jealous. My point? I feel like today I am sorta taking one for myself. I woke up late and my mind is not able to concentrate on anything today. I picked up a book, read the same line 10 times and returned to my computer. I figured if maybe I gave myself some time, I'd be motivated. Didn't work. I ended up looking at pictures. and then missing everyone. Don't get me wrong, I am not in need of a real mental health day- I guess it is more of a lazy day. This is not something I scheduled into my ultimate study plan- so I'm torn on whether I should let myself go and do something crafty instead... or if I should put all this junk into a blog, wipe my hands and get back to studying. (I know which one you are thinking!) So let's try...

This is Victoria. One year ago (or so). I miss. 








Then I have been accumulating these: Famous Women I Adore


(These pictures make me miss Vanity Fair- the website so doesn't beat having that thick issue in your hands.)

I want to eat alllll of these. 
This picture is from here, which I intend to hunt down. 

Also, did you know that the Royal Wedding Cake is going to be made by a bakery just outside of Leicester?!! You can take a look at the website if you feel the need, but if you want a nice baking blog- check this out. I found it through Smitten Kitchen (see the blogs I follow list for the link), and so far it seems pretty cool. She bakes things from old handwritten recipes etc. I haven't had much time to dig through it all, but I think my lack of baking capabilities in this kitchen draws me towards these blogs most. I think at some point during this exam period I will gather the girls here and attempt to make some banana bread- because we have all been freezing our old bananas but haven't got around to using them. I think margaritas will be in order. I must say, I have mastered the art of making fabulous ones- don't worry I will make em for all of you this summer!

Okay, my day has become a ridiculous waste of time. I must tear myself away. But I hope the links, the pictures and the ramblings will cure you from following my lazy thursday ways.
Maybe I should re-learn some french...

Au revoir mon amie xo

1 comment: