Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ketchup.

So much to talk about!

First off: The Law Ball.
(Click here to see the full album)
..but these are a few of my favs...













As you can see- it was a lot of fun. Everyone looked fabulous, there were no disasters (other than a few small table fires...) and the alcohol was flowing. So much so that we danced the whole night away in the mandatory high heels and somehow made it home (thanks diaz). So overall- a great success!

Now the other thing I have been meaning to do is show you all my new favourite blogs that keep me busy when my eyes wander off my law books. I've been neglecting these readings in lieu of my law ball duties and the piles of textbooks- but there is something so wonderful about catching up on them all. I've already gushed about my love for Cupcakes and Cashmere, but from there I've just found this delicious food blog Smitten Kitchen and a lovely blog I already mentioned as well, Just a Silhouette. Then there is a silly little blog carr showed me- which I read whenever I need a good chuckle- Hyperbole and a Half. And in response to Geronimo's shout out- take a look at her fantastic blog- (Sweet) Disposition. She also showed me this insanely gorgeous blog- Sea of Shoes, which directed us to this online site with so many thing I want I cannot even contain my excitement- Free People. So there are some new ones for you to meander through. 

In terms of school news- we are studying some pretty interesting topics for the most part. Some new profs. Some new subjects. So much to do. But in tort we just finished defamation- which is libel and slander claims- so the protection of someone's reputation (even got to read a case against Victoria Beckham). Criminal Justice is pretty interesting- all the procedures and rules about arrest and custody and.. I feel like I'm on Law & Order sometimes :) Analyzing law is the second half of 'learning legal skills' except this is the part where we get to use our little brain and talk about hugely controversial topics. So far we've talked about a case where they had to decide if it was lawful to take a patient off life support and a case about allowing homosexuals into the army. This week: assisted suicide and operations to split conjoined twins. So no boring reading in that class, but the tutorials have potential for hurt feelings and bruised egos. 

So one more month of classes to go- and so much to look forward to. Mom and Dad will be here in a couple weeks. Annette (and maybe Mandy) in April in France. And after the horrors of exams- SUMMER! I can't wait for some sunshine- especially when it has rained essentially for two weeks straight. I'm tired of winter clothes- it's time for dresses. 

And now it's time for lunch. and more reading.. and getting off the mac. 
xo cmac 

2 comments:

  1. ur dress is FABULOUS!

    I’m hosting a give-away and would LOVE for you and ALL to
    Join Custom Sign Give-Away

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi missy,

    Just wanted to say you looked fabulous, as always! love love love you

    x

    carrface

    ReplyDelete