Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A random Monday update

Okay so in absence of anything overly interesting to discuss I think I will start with what I have been up to. I am on day 6 of the Wild Rose Detox- which is always a treat. I have cheated a little I must admit- but going a whole weekend here without alcohol is a near impossible task. How sad is that? But it's summer and everything seems to revolve around where to drink or who to drink with. I gave in to one drink friday- and one very very small glass of wine saturday. But the cheating almost makes me extra good to balance it. I haven't even had coffee- which is sort of allowed! Tonight we made rice pasta with olive oil and basil and garlic and onions- and it was delicious. I have had a lot of carrots- almost of the verge of feeling bunny-like. I have even enjoyed a much less exciting version of my favorite oatmeal for breakfast. The food really isn't a problem- it's mostly the gross pills and drops that make me cringe. I feel like I have to be truthful about that- if for no other reason than to call out all those liars that say it is easy! Truth be told this is definitely the cleanse for me- no chalky shakes or cheyenne pepper. So I will hold out for another 4 days at least- and maybe even 6 (But really the long weekend is soon upon us- and I can't promise anything :) ).
What else, you ask, have I been doing to distract myself from eating everything in sight? Apartment Hunting! I have concluded that searching online for a "flat" to "let" half way around the world is less exciting than I previously believed. It is getting frustrated- descriptions and one picture can't make me fall in love. But too many pictures of mediocre places make me picky. This must be what online dating is like. Unfortunately I can't wait around for my true love of an apartment because I have about a month and a half before I need to be living there. So I must take a leap of faith and trust that what they show me online will be what I get. Besides- I am determined to make it adorable no matter what I end up with. Perhaps my next post will center around some home furnishings- you will just have to wait and see.

For now, I am out. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment